Abby Goldsmith (or Abigail Goldsmith) is an artist, animator and writer. She contributed to the first Shantae game as a play tester.
Abby Goldsmith graduated in 1996 from West High School in Manchester, New Hampshire, and then with a Bachelor of fine arts in character animation from the California Institute of the Arts in 2000.
Goldsmith started as a student film-maker, writing and completing four short films while earning her degree at the California Institute of the Arts between 1996 and 2000. In 1998, she was an artist in internship at Nickelodeon Animation Studio where she did drawing clean-up, background layouts and character design. In 2000, she began working at WayForward as a lead animator and art director, but between 2001 and 2003, she also worked as a 3D animator at Paradox Development, and joined WayForward permanently in the course of 2003. She remained there until 2008. Between September 2008 and January 2009, she was a contract 2D animator at Microsystems Development Technologies while working as a freelance artist for other studios, including WayForward. She then joined Super Happy Fun Fun, Inc. as a graphics artist, and in June 2009 she became a freelance artist and animator. She also had brief tenures as a contract artist at Seamless Entertainment in 2010 and as a 3D Animation professor at the Austin Community College.
Since the age of 12, she has also been a writer, having written short stories and novel-long works. Her first published work was a short story in 2003.
Art and animation
- X-Men: Next Dimension - animator (2002)
- Backyard Wrestling: Don't Try This at Home - additional animation (2003)
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie - character animation (2004)
- Sigma Star Saga - character animation (2005)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants! - additional art (2005)
- Tak: The Great Juju Challenge - character animation (2005)
- American Dragon: Jake Long – Attack of the Dark Dragon - lead animator/art director (2006)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature From the Krusty Krab - lead animator (2006)
- Unfabulous - artist (2006)
- God of War: Betrayal - enemy animation (2007)
- Looney Tunes: Duck Amuck - in-game art/animation (2007)
- Nicktoons Android Invasion - lead animator/art director (2008)
- Shrek: Ogres & Dronkeys - lead animator/art director (2008)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Fists of Foam - lead animator/art director (2008)
- Batman: The Brave and The Bold - The Videogame - animator (2010)
- Shantae - play tester (2002)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 http://art.abbygoldsmith.com/resume/
- ↑ http://abbygoldsmith.com/shorts.html
- ↑ http://www.mobygames.com/developer/abby-goldsmith/credits/developerId,263658/
- ↑ https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22abby+goldsmith%22+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.allgame.com#hl=en&q=site:http:%2F%2Fwww.allgame.com+%22abby+goldsmith%22
- ↑ http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,73053/
- ↑ https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.allgame.com+%22St.+John+Colon%22#hl=en&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.allgame.com+%22Abigail+Goldsmith%22
- Abby Goldsmith's official website.
- Abby Goldsmith's website for her artist and animator activities.
- Abby Goldsmith's blog.