Alex Ahad had been drawing since grade school, but became serious about it in high school. He also joined a collective called Bay Area Artists Unite (BAAU) where he met people sharing his artistic aspirations. He later enrolled in the University of California, Los Angeles, where he stayed between 2002 and 2009.
Alex Ahad worked as a freelance artist starting in 2008, for Gaia Interactive and for WayForward. In particular, he worked as an illustrator on Shantae: Risky's Revenge and is also credited for additional illustrations on Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. In 2010, he worked as a contract artist and animator for Playdom, and also started his career as a creative director when he created Skullgirls for Reverge Studios, Inc. In 2012, he carried on with this function for the Windows version of Skullgirls at Lab Zero Games.
Alex Ahad claims he was inspired by the cartoons, games and animes he saw as a child (such as Roger Rabbit, Batman: The Animated Series, FLCL and Gurren Laggan), and for Skullgirls by the doujin games he saw when he was young, such as EFZ and Melty Blood. Among the artists that he likes are George Kamitani, Hiroki Hayashi (林 宏樹), Hiroyuki Imaishi (今石 洋之), Nishimura Kinu (西村 キヌ), Bruce Timm, Shane Glines, Mike Mignola, Bill Presing, Tim Burton and Foo Swee Chin.
- Skullgirls - creative director (2012)
- Skullgirls: Encore - creative director (2014)
- BloodRayne: Betrayal - character designer (2011)
- Skullgirls - creator, character designer (2012)
- Indivisible - lead concept designer
- zOMG! - art team (2008)
- Shantae: Risky's Revenge - illustrations (2010)
- Mighty Switch Force! - illustrator (2011)
- Mighty Switch Force! 2 - illustrator (2013)
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - additional illustrations (2014)
- Mighty Switch Force! Hose It Down! - illustrator (2015)