Pirate Queen’s Quest is the first character campaign DLC for Half Genie Hero. It focuses on Risky Boots.
"The Shantae adventure continues with Premium DLC for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero!
Just as Shantae and her inventor Uncle put the finishing touches on the powerful new Dynamo, the bodacious buccaneer Risky Boots shows up to steal it!
Playing the role of the evil pirate, it’s your job to find the FIVE COMPONENTS you’ll need to upgrade the Dynamo and bend Sequin Land to your will! Pillage, loot, and plunder your way to the ultimate showdown against the Half-Genie runt and win the day for pirates everywhere!"
While being similar to Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Risky is able to use both old and new pirate equipment. Unique to Pirate Queen's Quest is the ability to choose any of level in any order the player chooses. Finding Dark Magic allows Risky Boots to upgrade her equipment while finding Genie Crystals lets Risky Boots find the appropriate location to place the Dynamo (AKA Risky's Hideout) and must be collected to access the final area and final boss. Unlike Shantae's campaign, Pirate Queen's Quest features the same ending regardless of any%, 100%, speedrun any%, and speedrun 100% with the only difference being different wallpapers upon end-credits.
- Pirate Hat - "Use your hat to glide through the air with the greatest of ease!" awarded after first chapter completion. Can be upgraded for a bigger boost upon deploying the hat and a slower ascent while in use
- Grappling Hook - "Grapple up to hard to reach locations! Once attached, it can crawl along ceilings too!" awarded after second chapter completion.
- Kraken Ball - "A strange object that grants underwater movement! Appears to have been stolen, not constructed... those little thieves!" awarded after third chapter completion.
- Bomb Shot - "Fire BOMB SHOTS from your pistol to destroy CERTAIN OBJECTS! Can be upgraded for an even bigger ka-blooey" awarded after fourth chapter completion. Upgrading Bomb Shot provides subsequent explosions upon contact with a wall / enemy.
- Cannon Jump - "Fire the CANNON to jump higher than ever before! Can be upgraded to jump even higher!" awarded after fourth chapter completion. Upgrading Cannon Jump allows Risky to fire an additional cannon to a maximum of four cannons, each deals 5 damage and each subsequent jump will have less height than the last.