Stephane Hockenhull (or Stéphane Hockenhull) is a Canadian programmer and former employee of both Paragon 5 and WayForward. He designed the Paragon 5 GameBoy Tracker which was used by Jake Kaufman to make the music of the first Shantae game and is credited in this game's ending credits for "music replay".
On his personal website, Stephane Hockenhull claims to have more than 15 years of experience and worked with many teams on acclaimed games, including Project S-11 as an employee of Paragon 5 and Shantae. Given his curriculum on his old website, Hockenhull has probably worked there between 1999 and 2002 at least. He has created the Paragon 5 GameBoy Tracker, a tool to make chiptune music, which was the music engine used by Jake Kaufman on Shantae, and Hockenhull himself is credited (although with an error as "Stephanie Hockenhull") for "music replay" on the game. Between 2011 and 2012, he worked at WayForward. On July 17, 2014, Hockenhull made a complete public release of the Paragon 5 Game Boy Tracker and its replay routines used for Shantae and other games.
This is a list of projects Stephane Hockenhull was involved in according to his old and new personal websites, Moby Games and a Google search over allgame.com (unless otherwise indicated).
- Paragon 5 GameBoy Tracker (2001)
- Projet S-11 - engine, AI, sound system (2000)
- Who Wants to Be A Millionaire - replay coding, sound system (1999 or 2001)
- ESPN National Hockey Night - music system code (2001)
- Godzilla: Domination! - music replay, sound system (2002)
- The Scorpion King: Sword of Osiris - music replay, sound system (2002)
- Shantae - music replay, sound system (2002)
- Hardcore Pinball - engine, AI, sound system, editor (2002)
- Karnaaj Rally - sound engine, GBass music engine (2002)
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Mayhem - engine programmer (2003)
- Disney's Home on the Range - engine programmer (2004)
- Kim Possible 2: Draken's Demise - engine programmer (2004)
- Chicken Little - unspecified contribution (2005)
- Ed, Edd n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures - engine programmer (2005)
- Ever Girl - unspecified contribution (2005)
- Kim Possible: Kimmunicator - engine, engine programmer (2005)
- Kim Possible 3: Team Possible - engine, engine programmer (2005)
- Scooby-Doo!: Unmasked - engine, engine programmer (2005)
- Teen Titans - engine programmer (2005)
- That's So Raven 2: Supernatural Style - engine programmer (2005)
- The Sims 2: Pets - unspecified contribution (2006)
- Rocky Balboa - engine, programmer (2007)
- Centipede: Infestation - engine programmer (2011)
- Silent Hill: Book of Memories - unspecified contribution (2012)
- Rocksmith: All-New 2014 Edition - senior programmer (2013)
- Stephane Hockenhull's official website.
- Page to download the Paragon 5 Game Boy Tracker and its replay routines.