|This jar is half empty! This article is a stub. You can help Shantae Wiki by expanding it.|
The Water Lily Siren, also known as the Sunbathing Seaweed, is one of the Seven Sirens who resides in Water Lily's Den. Her first appearance is in a cutscene where she wakes up upon being disturbed. She appears to be a hybrid form of water dryad "Nymphaeaceae" (Water-lily).
This siren has a whimsical personality with a slight sense of mischief. She does mention that she eats people but asks Shantae if she's sweet or sour. She strikes her targets with two types of Seed-Saplings:
- Green to summon miniature walking fly-traps.
- Red to summon large pillars of thorns.
When she gets very riled up, she can conjure a spell to summon massive thorn pillars throughout the room.
The Water Lily Siren makes her debut at the end of the first labyrinth, Water Lily's Den. When she is encountered, she wakes up and stretches.
In battle, the Water Lily Siren attacks by summoning thorn pillars and venus-flytrap minions. She does not move on her own, but there are two switches to move her pot to guide her to a spotlight in order to distract her. When her leaves open up to reveal her hidden eyes, she becomes vulnerable to Shantae's attacks.
- The Water Lily Siren is the third smallest Siren, tied with the Empress Siren's first phase.
- She is the only boss whose "hurt" animation can be seen without draining their HP. When struck, she wakes up and recoils in terror.
- She is also the only boss to have two hurt animations in the game. During her death animation, her leaves collapse.
- She is the first siren to not attack the player directly.
- The A rose by any other name... achievement is awarded upon her defeat.
- Despite her name and subtitle, the Water Lily Siren doesn't resemble a water lily, nor seaweed, and is instead designed with a rose motif.
- In the Spectacular Superstar Update, her dialogue reveals that she may be based on man-eating plants.